University of Phoenix (UPX) Review
University of Phoenix is a member of the huge widely-known corporation Apollo Group Inc. The institution is considered to be the largest private school in North America. Its campuses are concentrated all over the USA and far beyond its borders.
Interesting facts to know about University of Phoenix:
- Location: headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Number of students: 345000
- UPX owns Phoenix National Research Center, where the productivity of teaching methods is studied
- UPX is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- The university belongs to the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
The university is characterized by a multilevel structure of its departments. The number of campuses is as impressive as the university itself. The quantity of the programs, offered to students, is equally diverse. The university is divided in 7 colleges and two schools:
- School of Advanced Studies
- School of Business
- College of Criminal Justice and Security
- College of Education
- College of Humanities
- College of Information Systems and Technology
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Social Sciences
In addition to, there is an opportunity for teachers and practitioners to boost their qualification. There they have special courses and even the whole curricula aimed at teachers’ professional development.
Requirements for admission:
- High school diploma
- GED results
- GPAs for certain programs
Tuition fee: $12,000 per year.
Accommodation fee: depends on the location.